First Aid Training Courses
MSTI provides a variety of first aid courses based upon your need, desire, and level of care you wish to learn. Training can be basic at first and built upon or you can jump on into more advanced levels if you feel ready. First aid is emergency care given immediately to an injured person. The purpose of first aid is to minimize injury and future disability. In serious cases, first aid may be necessary to keep the victim alive.
General Course Information
React quickly and efficiently
This First Aid class teaches participants to effectively recognize and treat minor injuries and illnesses and manage more serious emergencies in the critical first minutes until EMS personnel arrive. This course provides training on first aid, medical emergencies, injuries, and environmental emergencies.
- Sprains & Strains
- Allergic Reactions (including EpiPen administration)
- Breathing Emergencies
- Heat & Cold Emergencies
Advanced First Aid is a course that prepares participants to recognize and act in an emergency to sustain life. This program exceeds OSHA guidelines for emergency care. It is intended for work-place emergency response team members who are not licensed healthcare providers and can be customized for the environment.
- Principles of Lifting, Moving, and Positioning Ill or Injured People
- Airway Management and Rescue Breathing
- Principles of Assessment
- Caring for Medical Emergencies
- Caring for Soft-Tissue Injuries and Shock
- Caring for Muscle and Bone Injuries
- Caring for Injuries to the Head and Spine
- Multiple-Casualty Incidents and Principles of Triage
- Anyone in the medical field, EMS, public safety, lifeguards and other health care fields
- dental offices, dentists and dental assistants, medical labs
- Companies that have particularly dangerous jobs or positions that put employees at risk including security, utility services, and corrections
- Those being required under regulations from OSHA or Department of Labor
- Those caring for children or the elderly including, babysitters, day care, nursing homes, home care, senior centers, or public facility
- Scout leaders, camp counselors, bus drivers, hunting guides, whitewater guides or other outdoor/adventure
- Anyone and everyone should learn some level of first aid. It saves lives!
- Preserve life
- Prevent illness or injury from becoming worse
- Pain relief, if possible
- Promote recovery
- Protect the unconscious
- On-hands practice will be required during this course and as part of the skills assessments
- Performing patient assessments, medical treatments, and critical thinking
- All students must perform required skills competently without assistance to receive a certification card
- A written test will be administered for the completion of this course with a passing score of 75%
- This course will be conducted indoors however it will require bending and kneeling on a floor. Be physically able to perform in these conditions and dressed accordingly
- The certification card is included in course good for 2-years
All students are eligible to attend and considered for certification without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age (unless specific minimum age requirements are set by the certifying authority), marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, or disability.
- This Course is developed to provide the necessary training and skills to take the American Health and Safety Institution (ASHI) Exam
- The Wilderness First Aid course is designed to give the knowledge and creative concepts to perform the job under unusual situations and when help is hours or days away.
Prepare Your Critical Thinking
Learn First Aid
Be ready to react in an Emergency Situation!
American Safety & Health
Institute Certified Training Courses
ASHI - Basic First Aid
Valid: 2 Years
The ASHI Basic First Aid course helps students develop basic first aid knowledge, skills, and the confidence to respond. This first aid training program is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting, and conforms to the 2015 AHA and ARC Guidelines Update for First Aid.
Intended for individuals who are not healthcare providers or professional rescuers but desire, or are required, to be certified in basic emergency medical care.
ASHI - Advanced First Aid
Valid: 2 Years
The ASHI Advanced First Aid course is designed for the person who needs or desires more first aid training than Basic First Aid, but not to the level of Emergency Medical Response. Perfect for corporate emergency response teams, this 17-21 hour Advanced First Aid certification course presents many of the most common illnesses and injuries responders are likely to encounter.
ASHI - CPR/AED, First Aid Combo
Valid: 2 Years
ASHI CPR, AED, and Basic First Aid combination training provides an easy option for students seeking a comprehensive training class that builds the confidence to respond. This first aid, AED, and CPR certification course option is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting, and conforms to the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC, and the 2015 AHA and ARC Guidelines Update for First Aid. It also meets the OSHA compliance requirements for CPR and First Aid training in the workplace.
AHA CPR Courses
- Reading and comprehension at a 6th-grade level, or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 16 years old
- Physical and mental ability to perform the skills, tasks, and administrative requirements necessary for the job
- AHA BLS CPR/AED certification. If not current or soon to expire, classes will be be available to take through MST6
ASHI CPR Courses
- Pass a written exam with a score of at least 80%
This course is an ASHI Training Course.
More information on this course can be found on the links below.