Community Education Courses
One challenge with saving victims of cardiac arrest, severe bleeding, or a medical emergency is that there is often a lag before bystanders taking action. Having the training can provide you the knowledge necessary to have the courage to react quickly when injury or illness happens. These actions have proven to save lives, join the heroes who have made a difference between life and death.
Review some of the courses we recommend
We have compiled some of the training programs that are general classes important for learning how to help others in need.
ASHI - CPR/AED Training 4 Hours
ASHI's training course is designed specifically for laypeople and is an excellent choice for CPR and defibrillator training in both community and workplace settings. This extremely flexible program will help prepare individuals to respond to sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) and choking incidents.
Critical Bleeding Control 1.5 Hour
The Critical Bleeding Control class is designed to provide detailed information on the control of severe external bleeding, including the use of direct pressure, commercial pressure bandages, tourniquets, and packed dressings. This class follows the guidelines of the American College of Surgeons and the Committee on Trauma "Stop the Bleed" campaign.
ASHI - Basic First Aid Training 3 Hours
Designed to develop basic first aid knowledge, skills, and the confidence to respond. Basic First Aid is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting. Intended for individuals who are not healthcare providers or professional rescuers but desire, or are required, to be certified in basic emergency medical care.
ASHI - CPR/AED and First Aid 5 Hours
This combination of training allows instructors an easy option for students seeking a comprehensive training class that builds the confidence to respond. This first aid, AED, and CPR certification course option is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting.
Child and Babysitting (CABS) 4 Hours
The ASHI CABS course delivers fundamental information in babysitting, including proper supervision, basic caregiving skills, preparedness and safety and injury prevention.
ASHI - Wilderness First Aid 16 Hours
Wilderness environments create special situations not usually encountered in an urban or suburban environment. With an ASHI Wilderness First Aid class, first aid providers in a remote outdoor setting will be better prepared to respond when faced with limited resources, longer times to care for someone, and decisions about when and how fast to evacuate an ill or injured person. This comprehensive 16-hour wilderness first aid course meets or exceeds the Boy Scouts of America Wilderness First Aid Curriculum and Doctrine Guidelines, 2017 Edition.
Advanced First Aid 18 Hours
The ASHI Advanced First Aid course is designed for the person who needs or desires more first aid training than Basic First Aid but not to the level of Emergency Medical Response. Perfect for corporate emergency response teams, this 17-21 hour Advanced First Aid certification course presents many of the most common illnesses and injuries responders are likely to encounter.
ASHI Course Guidelines
All of the courses taught by MSTI and it’s instructors conforms to the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC, and the 2015 AHA and ARC Guidelines Update for First Aid.
General Training Information
- All of the MSTI training courses are instructor-led and utilize videos, powerpoints, demonstration, skill performance, and ongoing feedback. Physical performance of using the equipment and working on the patients is the best method to ensure you are prepared to help others when life-threatening situations occur.
- Anyone who is involved in any sport, community activity, social club or organization
- Coaches, group leaders, educators, or organizers
- Caregiver, parents, babysitters, family, and friends
- Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Camping groups and any outdoor adventure activity participant
- Everyone should learn CPR and some level of first aid
- On-hands practice will be required during this course and as part of the skills assessments
- All students must perform required skills competently without assistance to receive a certification card
- A written test will be administered for the completion of this course with a passing score of 75%
- This course will be conducted indoors however it will require bending and kneeling on a floor. Be physically able to perform in these conditions and dressed accordingly
- The certification card is included in course good for 2-years
All students are eligible to attend and considered for certification without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age (unless specific minimum age requirements are set by the certifying authority), marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, or disability.
- These courses are developed to provide the necessary training and skills to take the American Health and Safety Institution (ASHI) Exam
- The Wilderness First Aid course is designed to give the knowledge and creative concepts to perform the job under unusual situations and when help is hours or days away.
Register for a class today.