Health Care & EMS Professionals
The courses listed in this section have been selected for those in who are in EMS and healthcare professionals. Those who are required to obtain and maintain certifications for their job can get the training and continuing education they need.
Review some of the courses we recommend
The courses below are developed for those who are involved with the medical field or emergency services
AHA - CPR BLS Provider 4 Hours
This course is the gold standard of training for those in the healthcare profession and is often the only accepted course for EMS providers. The American Heart Association CPR Course for BLS Providers focuses on the team approach and use of supplemental airway devices when performing CPR.
AHA - CPR BLS Provider Refresher Course 3 Hours
This course is designed as a refresher course for those who already posess a professional rescuer CPR card from the American Heart Association. This course provided the most recent updates and methodologies of CPR and emphasizes a hands-on team approach for provided CPR as a healthcare professional.
EKG Rythems, Recognition, and Placement 2 Hours
This course is a great way to learn the basics of learning the basic EKG rhythms, proper placement for 3 and 12 lead pads, and recognizing basic arrhythmias. This course can also be used as a refresher course for those who need more time identifying strips and setting up a 12-lead monitor/machine.
IV Introduction and Skills Performance 2 Hours
This course is developed to give initial training on the establishing Intravenous access for those who require IV fluids for rehydration, medical treatments, and other emergency or routine procedures. This is a blended class with the lecture portion provided on-line prior to the skills sessions. NOTE: This course will require you to provide 1-2 people for performing your "Live Stick" procedures after sufficient time using training arms.
IV Skills Refresher & Skills Improvement 1-2 Hours
This skill session time has been created for those who wish to gain more time improving their comfort letter in IV skills. Additional skill sessions can be scheduled in a small group environment or on an individual basis if preferred. These sessions are available to those who have taken an IV courses as a separate training session. NOTE: This course will require you to provide 1-2 people for performing your "Live Stick" procedures after spending some refresher time using training arms.
Intro to Anatomy & Terminology 3 Hours
This class will discuss the bodies anatomy for those entering the medical field of all levels. General medical terminology will also be learned and the importance of documentation introduced.
2020 AHA CPR Guidelines
The 2020 CPR guidelines were published in October 2020. For the BLS provider and general public few changes have been made. It continues to emphasize early defibrillation and high-quality CPR. “Recovery” has been added as the 6th step in the chain of survival and Hands-Only CPR is recommended for educating the masses.
AHA Course Guidelines
All of the courses taught by MSTI and it’s instructors conforms to the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC following the 2015 AHA and ARC Guidelines Update for First Aid. We have recently incorporated the 2020 modifications and additions to our BLS level classes.
General Training Information
- All of the MSTI training courses are instructor-led and utilize videos, power points, demonstration, skill performance, and ongoing feedback. Physical performance of using the equipment and working on the patients is the best method to ensure you are prepared to help others when life-threatening situations occur.
- EMS Personnel
- Law Enforcement
- Hospital Employees
- Any health industry using anesthesia equipment
- Dental providers
- Labs & Imaging Centers
- On-hands practice will be required during this course and as part of the skills assessments
- All students must perform required skills competently without assistance to receive a certification card
- A written test will be administered for the completion of this course with a passing score of 75%
- This course will be conducted indoors however it will require bending and kneeling on a floor. Be physically able to perform in these conditions and dressed accordingly
- The certification card is included in course good for 2-years
All students are eligible to attend and considered for certification without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age (unless specific minimum age requirements are set by the certifying authority), marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, or disability.
- These courses are developed to provide the necessary training and skills to take the American Health and Safety Institution (ASHI) Exam
- The Wilderness First Aid course is designed to give the knowledge and creative concepts to perform the job under unusual situations and when help is hours or days away.
Are you ready to sign up for a class?
Whenever you are ready for a class you can contact MSTI to submit the request for a class you may wish to attend. We try to limit our students or have classes hosted by others so we want to discuss your individual needs and how soon you wish to take one of our classes. You may also know others that can benefit from the course and we always like to offer better rates for these type of classes.
Some of our classes may already be scheduled and you can click on the See Schedule button to see about any of those. If nothing pops up we may not be publicly publishing classes at this time so contact us about a class.
We also like to customize some of our classes and provide them on-site so let us know your needs by going into Register for a Class.
Special Rates and Rewards
Hosting a class or being the person to get others to attend a class could earn you discounts on the class or maybe even win you a free class.